- Contact us for a consult. Click on CONTACT US.
- Send in your casting announcement. Click on SUBMIT A CASTING.
Actors want to know you are professional. They need to know they can trust you. If your project is a copy, credit, meals project, actors need to know the footage you will be “paying them” will be usable, and therefore shot well, lit well, with perfect sound and great editing. Please get it to them as soon as possible, on the shoot day is best.
And please conduct your auditions with accepted industry standards. If you don’t know what the industry standards are, get my book from the publisher (Routledge, or Amazon
I teach a short inexpensive course in how to do it properly and professionally. Good luck on your project. Let us know how we might assist you. Hester Schell – CEO, Bay Area Casting News.
We’ll distribute your announcement to our subscribers. Everything else is up to you.
WHAT’S NOT FREE
We work for hire on contract to cast your project. Click on THAT’S A WRAP for our track record and a look at what we can do for you. We work on a sliding fee scale based on low to intermediate indie budgets. We require 50% up front payment of the estimate, 25% at callbacks and the final 25% at deliver of confirmations and contacts.
CAST IT YOURSELF
Get the book! It is chock full of useful information and resources on the industry standards, how to run professional audition sessions and where to look. Visit the GET THE BOOK link above to read more. Order today.
HELPFUL TID BITS
- DO EXPECT ACTORS TO ARRIVE WITH A HEADSHOT.
- DO EXPECT ACTORS TO BE PREPARED AND ON TIME.
- DON’T ASK ACTORS TO REMOVE CLOTHING AT AN AUDITION.
- DON’T ASK ACTORS TO SIGN RELEASE FORMS FOR AUDITION FOOTAGE.
- REMEMBER: IT’S A MOVIE.
- IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN.
- LIGHTEN UP! IT’S A SCREEN P l a y, after all.
- When you’re not paying actors money: COPY, CREDIT MEALS also includes SUPPLIES, GAS AND BRIDGE TOLLS and PARKING.
- Remember your manners: Thank people for their time and efforts.Be polite and considerate of performers’ time.
- Be professional – Auditions are held in studios, hotel conference rooms, rehearsal halls, etc. They are not held in private homes, the backyard, your garage, or in private hotel rooms.
- Stay on time by not overbooking your schedule – If you need 10 minutes with each actor, then that is 6 actors per hour. Do the math.
- Give clear directions to your audition location.
- Re-confirm auditions 24 hours in advance.
- Email scripts in PDF format, in advance if you want actors to do their best. Consider requiring a short monologue.
- Give specific directions. Vague directions lead to vague results and wasted time and you won’t see what you need to see to make the best casting decisions.
- 75% of good directing is perfect casting. The rest is communication.
WATCH A FREE WEBINAR:
Better Actors Make Better Movies: Where to Cast Your Net
Don’t go it alone. You don’t have to. Call us. We’re here. We’re help. We’re on it.
Care to donate to BACN? – Click here.po box 96035
Portland, OR 97296 USA